Sunday, April 07, 2013

In summary

Spring technically started two and a half weeks ago, but Old Man Winter got a dying grip on the Southeast last week. Once the flip flops have come back into the mix, it's hard for me to slide my feet back into boots. Thankfully, things seem to be on the upswing again this weekend. Johnathan and I had an outdoor dinner at Shenanigans tonight and only shivered when the wind blew.

After a pleasant Easter in coastal Georgia, the hubby and I made our way back home sans children. They have spent the last several days with Grandma and Grandpa, and while the breather has been nice, I'm ready for my babies to come home.


Our family fun time increases considerably once the weather starts to warm up, and we have definitely had some memorable adventures over the past month. In early March we surprised the family with a trip to Ringling Brothers Circus to celebrate Emily's birthday. I expected to enjoy the show, but was entertained beyond my expectations. Emily rounded out her birthday weekend by planting apple trees with Granpere and getting her ears pierced (much to her Daddy's horror). 

Snow cone 

Crazy...


As part of our Spring Break fun, the family ventured to Oatland Island Wildlife Center in Savannah. Aunt Meghan and cousin Simon came along for the fun, making it the first time our new minivan has been filled to capacity with passengers. The day was pleasant and sunny and everyone enjoyed trekking through marsh and woods. 




The next few weeks will be an ever-moving blur, but my kids are only kids once. They might never remember to wash behind their ears or close the front door, but I hope they remember the time we spent together as a family. 

No comments: