Sunday, November 11, 2012

Must I always be waiting, waiting on you?


I have the best family ever. David was cleaning his room before bed and came slinking through the kitchen with a look that tripped my Mommy radar. It was a look of anxiety accompanied by shuffling feet and odd, halting movements. When I questioned him, David stopped chewing and responded, “I need to throw something away.” Chewing? I suspected another case of old gum on the wall, but before the thought could fully form, David produced a half eaten Poptart from under his pajama shirt. When asked how long the food had been in his room, David furrowed his brow and pressed his fingers to his temples. I could see the pages of his mind flipping furiously, trying to figure out the most appropriate response. It’s the Poptart he didn't want for breakfast, but I suppose it looked better to him than the pork roast I cooked for dinner. I'm just thankful that the tart only lived on his dresser for approximately twelve hours before he decided to revisit it. 

Cleanliness is an everyday struggle in our house.  Our eight year old would let dirty clothes pile to his ceiling. Our five year old pulls out, but doesn’t like to put up. And our three year old wanders with everything: Wii remotes, food items, purses, etc. The problem has been compounded by the fact that our house is in complete disarray at the moment. We were scheduled to close on our new house two weeks ago, but the mortgage company didn’t have its paper work together. We’re feeling hopeful that we will actually get to move this week, but in the meantime, we have been living out of boxes.  I’m sure it’s as maddening for the children as it is for us. I can’t wait to get back to some sort of normalcy. Maybe our new normal will also involve perks for cleanliness. 


In just a few days, this little place will be home! We're excited to be embarking on a new journey, and we're so thankful for the outpouring of love from supportive family and friends. Stay tuned for updates!

No comments: