Saturday, October 03, 2015

Week in review

The kids had fall break this past week, and I requested time off from work as soon as I saw the blocks on the school calendar. This stretch has been something I have looked forward to for months, and I can't believe that my long-awaited vacation is over.

We kicked off the break with a whirlwind trip to Gatlinburg and spent the rest of our time cleaning, relaxing, and having mini adventures near home. My house is incredibly clean, and I have lofty aspirations of keeping it this way for forever (har har). 






On Monday, I caught up with Erin and Abby while the kids crafted at Granmere's house. 

Tuesday was laundry day, and I spent a considerable amount of time staring out at the rain in an attempt to ignore incessant Minecraft videos. Side note: My kids are obsessed with Minecraft. 

The rain let up on Wednesday so we took a brief trip to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens Gainesville. In the afternoon, I did some touch-up painting around the house, and Emily painted her great great grandfather's table almost entirely on her own. A visit from Kristin rounded out our evening. 







I hosted a Premier Jewelry party on Thursday and the bulk of the day was devoted to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and scolding. We took a Monopoly (National Parks Edition) break during the afternoon before preparing food and drinks for our guests.



On Friday we braved the rain and visited a dear friend in Suches who will celebrated her ninetieth birthday in a few days. 

Saturday has been lazy and dry for the kids and me, but poor Johnathan has spent the morning getting drenched at Loop-a-rama in Dahlonega. There is 10 bean soup with sausage cooking on the stove, and I plan to spend the rest of the day avoiding the wet weather and cooking comfort food.  
























  

No comments: