Monday, July 30, 2012

Day by day


Day to day life is so precious. I’m sitting here at the end of an “uneventful” day and thinking of all the little pieces that make each day unique and worthwhile.

Today started like most days. I smacked snooze for fifteen minutes before grumpily rolling out of bed and shuffling down the hallway. With my teeth brushed and my hair somewhat tamed, I exited the bathroom to find my son standing in the kitchen. I glanced at his tired countenance and thought, “Hm. Guess it’s about time for them to get back in the swing of things.” Less than two weeks until school starts back. While David chattered about Pokémon, Emily pattered down the hall and wrapped her arms around my waist. Sometimes she really makes it hard to leave. I finished bagging my lunch and hit the door five minutes later than intended. The air was noticeably cooler. Well…as cool as summer in Georgia gets. I glanced at the thermometer hanging in the carport and smiled at the sixty-five degree reading. Emily threw open her bedroom window and began her goodbye ritual. “Bye Mom! I’ll see you later. I love you. Bye!” Her little face will be in the window until I’m out of sight, and I can honestly think of no better way to start the day. 

No comments: